Position Title: RN Unit Manager
Schedules Available: Full Time – Days
- As a RN Unit Manager you are responsible for managing staff, overseeing patient care on a 40 bed unit and ensuring adherence to established policies and procedures. The RN Unit Manager is charged with assigning staff and monitoring their activities.
- Provides reports/recommendations as needed/required for the Director of Nursing concerning the operations of Nursing Services.
- Assists the Director of Nursing in ensuring that residents are free from abuse, mistreatment and neglect.
- Coordinates the care of residents on assigned shift. Communicates shifts concerns by unit to appropriate staff (via e-mails, voice mail, etc.).
- Receives report from off-going supervisor (staffing and resident concerns) and gives report to oncoming supervisor.
- Serves as administrative authority for the smooth function of all units on assigned shift. Notifies Administrator and the Director of Nursing of any urgent concerns during the shift.
- Supervises staff and assures survey compliance on a daily basis. Provides guidance and support to staff to better plan work flow.
- Serves on committees, as assigned, including, but not limited to, quality assurance, safety, etc.
- Valid NYS RN license required
- Experience in long term care is preferred but not necessary
Competitive Salary. 401K plan. Weekend and Evening pay differential offered.